Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide by Karen Kilgariff, Georgia Hardstark


One day I was driving home from work and saw a bumper stick saying Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered and I was instantly intrigued. A little research let me know this is a popular slogan from a podcast "My Favorite Murder" and that the podcast creators released a book. So of course, I had to get it.

I am not really really sure what I was expecting, but its not what was delivered in the book. That being said, it wasn't a bad book! I think I was expecting more true crime and this was more memoir and personal stories and how the podcast came to be for the duo.

I am assuming that the titles for the chapters are catchphrases from their show. For each of these the particular author for that section discusses their life experiences as it relates to that particular slogan.   Some were very relate-able like "Fuck Politeness" while others were just meh and probably would mean more if you were invested in the show and the personalities of the authors.

This book hit a variety of emotions and added humor along the way which is my answer for everything. Though it was a good read for someone that doesn't know anything about the podcast I  think the target audience, the podcast listeners, would get more out of the book and enjoy the anecdotes much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment