Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Get Out of Your Own Way: Overcoming Self-Defeating Behavior by Mark Goulston, Philip Goldberg


Just like most self help books a lot of this is common sense and things that you already know just presented in a slightly different way. That being said. I really enjoyed this book. I listened to the audio version and I was hooked. I would pause it think about it restart the chapters to hear it again. I am even planning on buying a copy once bookstores are open again.

I think all of us are guilty of self-defeating behavior. Everything from procrastination to chasing dead end relationships. Being a "yes" girl gets me in emotional trouble with myself. I know I am a doormat for most of my "friends".  A lot of what was in this I was able to relate to and the insights made resonated with me and I cannot wait to review my life with this new information in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment